Ever notice how folks are always saying take care of yourself? But do we really take that to heart and will the folks saying that accept the sheer truth of its practical application? Yes, some will get bent out of shape when you start shaving off some of there time to pay attention to your needs. But they will get used to it and will realize in the long run it's a good thing.
For many of us work and family responsibilities come in way at the top of the to-do list on the regular. I like to use a little analogy that seems to get me through those times where I seem to forget myself too. When you are on a plane( or at least seen it on TV) the flight attendant explains that should there be an issue and the oxygen mask drops put yours on first THEN help the person next to you. Why? Simple...if you can't breathe how will you be of service to others around you? Same concept applies in your everyday life.
Take time to care and love yourself so that you can take better care of those around you. It also allows for you to let go of the potential resentment we can sometimes feel towards responsibilities and others when things get a bit chaotic. Here are some simple ways to start loving yourself:
1. Learn to say No and be comfortable with it
2. Schedule time to reflect on accomplishments
3. Make time daily to set your intentions and self-affirmations (speak positively and be kind to yourself)
4. Take up a hobby or project that you enjoy
5. Don't rush - give yourself time to get things done
6. Let go of the small things (acceptance, you can't fix everything)
7. Smile (yes it's that simple)
8. Don't be afraid to ask for help (even Wonder Woman needs Superman from time to time)
9. Personal Hygiene (sometimes the clothes do make the man/woman...so does grooming)
10. Take the time to learn your likes and dislikes, don't be afraid to express them (tactfully)
There are many other things you can do to be more loving to yourself; but ultimately to love yourself you must know yourself and accept that person. Loving yourself also means to accept your faults, know your limits and accentuate your strengths. The journey starts with you.
Thank you for considering PB Coaching Solutions, LLC for your wellness needs. We would be honored to support you on your journey to optimal health and well-being. Please fill out the form below to get in touch with us and learn more about our services. We are dedicated to helping you achieve balance, reduce stress, and promote healing in your life. Let's work together to create a healthier, happier you!